What is Starbucks sweet cream?
Starbucks sweet cream is an ice-cream flavor made from vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce.
They include the following ingredients per serving: milk (or other dairies), sugar, butter, egg yolks, vanilla extract, and salt. The company claims its products contain less than 15 g of added sugar per 100g.
Sweet cream has different flavors: chocolate chip cookie dough, cookies’ n’ cream, coffee bean, cinnamon roll, fudge brownie, gingerbread man, hot cocoa, mocha almond crunch, peanut butter cup, red velvet cake, and more.
The sweet cream found in Starbucks coffee shops is not the same as those sold at supermarkets or drugstores. They have higher fat content and are much more endearing.
Starbucks sweet cream nutrition facts
- It has less sugar than most other coffee drinks.
- Skim type of milk instead of whole milk.
- Plant-based milk or non-fat dairy milk variety
- It contains no artificial flavors or preservatives.
- The calories are much lower than those in regular lattes.
- Vanilla coffee syrup and vanilla sweetness
- Vanilla extract
The origin of Starbucks sweet cream
Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold was invented in Seattle, Washington, in 1971 by Howard Schultz, who wanted to create a new kind of coffee drink. He named his creation after a famous brand of ice cream at the time.
He created this new type of coffee because he believed people would prefer a lighter beverage if they were drinking coffee instead of tea or soda.
In the 1970s, Starbucks had only one store where customers could buy their drinks. They sold around 2 million cups of coffee each week.
Howard Schultz wanted to give customers something else to enjoy besides coffee, so he came up with the idea for the first Starbucks Frappuccino.
In the 1980s, Starbucks continued to expand, and now there are more than 27,000 stores worldwide.
If you happen to be craving sweet drinks then check out our recommendations for Starbucks Drinks For Pregnancy.
The best recipe for Starbucks sweet cream
Copycat Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold brew
This recipe for homemade vanilla sweet cream cold brew coffee is one of the best coffee recipes I’ve ever tried. The secret ingredient is vanilla bean powder which gives the coffee a rich vanilla flavor.
If you don’t want to use vanilla bean powder, add some vanilla extract.
- 1 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. of vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp. of espresso powder
- Put all ingredients into a medium saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Strain out the grounds from the saucepan using a fine-mesh strainer.
- Let the mixture cool completely before transferring to the refrigerator overnight.
- You should see that the coffee has turned into a thick liquid form.
- You can serve the sweet cream as a drink or use it in other recipes such as pancakes, waffles, smoothies, frozen yogurt, and more.
Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold foam
The secret to making a great Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam is to use high-quality ingredients. To start, we recommend using fresh milk from a local dairy farm.
Next, we suggest using natural vanilla extract. Finally, we recommend using premium coffee beans.
- Eight oz. of whole milk (organic preferred)
- 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of granulated white sugar
- Six drops of pure vanilla extract
- Five drops of pure almond extract
- 1/2 tsp of espresso
- 1 cup of premium coffee beans
- Add the milk, cinnamon, sugar, extracts, and espresso to a blender. Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Slowly pour the foam into a tall glass filled halfway with ice cubes. Garnish with a few additional pieces of ice.
The benefits of adding sweet cream to coffee
Adding sweet cream to your coffee will make you feel fuller faster. It also helps reduce bloating when combined with caffeine.
- It’s essential to consume enough calories throughout the day. Adding sweet cream to your coffee may help keep you feeling full longer.
- It would be best if you always had a good balance of carbohydrates, protein, and fats in your diet. These foods provide energy and nutrients to your body.
- If you eat too little food, you won’t get enough vitamins and minerals. It can cause health problems like constipation, diarrhea, fatigue, and headaches.
- If you’re trying to lose weight, you need to avoid overeating sugar. Sugar gives you an instant boost of energy but causes you to crave more sweets later on.
- When you add sweet cream to your coffee, you’ll feel full sooner, and you’ll want to eat fewer snacks.
People that must avoid sweet cream or sweet vanilla cream
Unfortunately, people with diabetes must avoid consuming sweet cream. People with diabetes don’t produce insulin and cannot process sugar well.
It means that they often experience high blood sugar levels. If you have diabetes, talk to your doctor before adding sweet cream to your coffee.
- Some people with lactose intolerance
Lactose is a type of sugar found in dairy products such as milk and yogurt. Lactose-intolerant individuals have trouble digesting lactose.
These people usually have digestive issues like gas, stomach pain, and diarrhea. They may also develop other symptoms, including headache, nausea, or even vomiting.
Because sweet cream contains lactose, people who are lactose intolerant shouldn’t drink sweet cream.
Freq: Question asked
What is sweet cream equal to other ingredients?
The sweet cream equal to Starbucks mocha is latte macchiato. A regular cup of coffee costs around $3, while a latte macchiato costs about $5, which makes a macchiato much cheaper than a latte.
Latte macchiatos contain espresso, steamed milk, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and vanilla bean paste.
Starbucks sweet cream is like Ben & Jerry’s ice cream. Both are creamy and delicious!
Brewing time and the extraction time of the vanilla sweet cream cold brew coffee must be on the high temperature of the water used to make the coffee.
It ensures that the flavor profile of your beverage is consistent every time you make it.
Is sweet cream the same as heavy cream?
The main difference between them is that sweet cream contains about 20% milkfat, while heavy cream contains 40% milkfat.
Sweet cream is made from skimmed milk and has less fat than regular cream. But, it still contains some fat, which makes it thicker than heavy cream.
Both sweet cream and heavy cream contain about 8 grams of fat per cup.
How do I use sweet cream?
When making a cappuccino or latté macchiato, add 1/2 teaspoon of sweet cream to your coffee before serving.
- To make an iced coffee, pour hot water into a mug and stir in 3 tablespoons of sweet cream.
- Add a few drops of vanilla extract and top off with cold milk.
- Combine 1 cup of milk with one tablespoon of sweet cream for a milkshake and mix well.
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and shake until smooth.
What is Starbucks vanilla sweet cream nitro cold brew?
Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Nitro Cold Brew is a new coffee drink from Starbucks that contains vanilla, sweet cream ice cream blended with cold-brewed coffee.
The company introduced the product at the end of March 2017. It is available nationwide for $3.49 per 12 oz cup.
It is sold in two varieties: vanilla and caramel. The vanilla version contains vanilla sweet cream ice creams blended with cold-brew coffee.
The caramel version includes caramelized sweet cream ice creams mixed with cold-brew coffee and topped with caramel sauce.
You can drink the vanilla sweet cream cold brew with bread and butter.
- One cup of water (Cold water)
- Ground coffee
- Dark roast
- Cold Foam Starbucks
- ⅓ milk ( non-fat milk )
- Extra vanilla syrup
- Two pumps of vanilla syrup or two tablespoons of vanilla extract
- Vanilla wafer
Can I buy sweet cream online?
Yes, you can buy sweet cream vanilla online. You will find many different brands on Amazon.
But, be careful when buying sweet cream online because there are fake versions out there. These products don’t contain any natural sweet cream but instead have artificial flavors.
Some companies use cheap ingredients like corn starch and cellulose powder to create their sweet cream.
So if you’re looking to buy sweet cream online, make sure that you only purchase sweet cream that comes from a reputable brand.
The Starbucks company sells its sweet cream online at starbucks.com.
There, you’ll also find information about how to prepare a Starbucks sweet cream latte.
The final verdict
Starbucks sweet cream isn’t the same as other types of sweet cream. There are several differences between the two, including their texture and flavor.
While sweet cream doesn’t have the same consistency as regular cream, it does taste great.
You should try this type of sweet cream if you love coffee drinks. You can buy this at any Starbucks coffee shop near you.