Best Coffee Grinder Under 100: Top Picks for Budget-Friendly Brewing
Coffee lovers know that the best cup of coffee starts with freshly ground beans. A coffee grinder is an essential tool for achieving that perfect grind. However, finding a high-quality coffee grinder that won’t break the bank can be a challenge. In this article, we’ll be discussing the best coffee grinder under 100 dollars.
When it comes to purchasing a coffee grinder, there are a few critical factors to consider. The first is the type of grinder. There are two primary types of coffee grinders: blade and burr grinders. Blade grinders use a spinning blade to chop the beans into smaller pieces, while burr grinders crush the beans between two abrasive surfaces. Burr grinders are generally regarded as superior since they produce a more consistent grind size, which is crucial for a great cup of coffee.
The second factor to consider is the grind settings. Different brewing methods require different grind sizes, so it’s essential to choose a grinder that offers a range of grind settings. Finally, consider the grinder’s build quality and durability. A grinder that’s built to last will save you money in the long run.
In this article, we’ll be reviewing and comparing the best burr coffee grinders under $100. We’ve tested and researched several models to help you find the perfect grinder for your needs and budget.
Best Coffee Grinders Under $100
If you’re a coffee lover, you know that the quality of your coffee beans and how they’re ground can make all the difference in the taste of your coffee. But with so many coffee grinders on the market, it can be hard to know where to start. That’s why we’ve put together this list of the best coffee grinders under $100. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned coffee drinker, these grinders will help you get the perfect grind for your morning cup of joe.
If you’re looking for a coffee grinder under $100, the Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill is a solid choice. It provides a consistent grind and is easy to use and clean.Pros
- Burr grinding provides a uniform grind to your fresh coffee beans with its 18-position grind selector – move the slide-dial from ultra-fine to extra-coarse to ensure your coffee grounds are exactly the way you prefer.
- Our 8 oz. bean hopper is fully removable as well as our built-in grind chamber for ease-of-use and accessibility during the cleaning process, Heavy-duty motor.
- Our removable grind chamber holds enough ground coffee for 32-cups, you won’t have to worry about grinding beans multiple times to brew coffee for the entire household.
- The machine can be quite loud during operation, which may be a concern for some users.
- Some users have reported that the grind can be inconsistent, particularly when grinding for espresso.
- The machine can be difficult to clean, particularly if coffee grounds get stuck in hard-to-reach areas.
The Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill is a great option for those looking for a reliable, affordable coffee grinder. It’s easy to use and provides a consistent grind, though it can be a bit loud and difficult to clean. Overall, it’s a solid choice for anyone looking for a quality coffee grinder under $100.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use coffee grinder that delivers consistent results, the Hamilton Beach Fresh Grind Electric Coffee Grinder is a great choice.Pros
- The stainless steel grinding blades make quick work of coffee beans, as well as herbs and spices.
- The removable grinding bowl is dishwasher safe, making cleanup a breeze.
- The grinder can grind enough beans for up to 12 cups of coffee, so you can make a full pot or just a single cup.
- The cord is a bit stiff and can be difficult to maneuver.
- The lid’s capacity is small, so you may need to grind multiple batches for a full pot of coffee.
- The grinder can be a bit loud, especially when grinding a large amount of beans.
The Hamilton Beach Fresh Grind Electric Coffee Grinder is a great choice for anyone looking for a reliable, easy-to-use coffee grinder. Whether you’re a coffee connoisseur or just looking to up your coffee game, this grinder is a great investment.
The grinder’s well-defined fineness settings and clear cup markings ensure that you get the perfect grind every time, while the hands-free operation and auto shutoff make it easy to use. And when you’re done, the hideaway cord storage at the bottom of the grinder keeps the cord neatly out of sight.
Overall, the Hamilton Beach Fresh Grind Electric Coffee Grinder is a great choice for anyone looking for a reliable, easy-to-use coffee grinder that delivers consistent results every time.
If you’re looking for a reliable coffee grinder that won’t break the bank, the OXO Brew Conical Burr Coffee Grinder is a great choice. With 15 grind settings and a large-capacity hopper, this grinder can handle all your coffee needs.Pros
- Stainless steel conical burrs create uniform grounds for optimal flavor
- 15 grind size settings (plus additional microsettings) from fine for espresso to coarse for French press and cold brew
- One-touch start remembers your last setting, just push to grind
- The grounds container doesn’t lock into place and may vibrate out during grinding
- Dark, oily beans can clog the grounds chute
- May be difficult to clean
The OXO Brew Conical Burr Coffee Grinder is designed to help you get the perfect cup of coffee every time. Its stainless steel conical burrs create uniform grounds for optimal flavor, and its 15 grind size settings make it easy to choose the right grind for your preferred brewing method. The one-touch start remembers your last setting, so you don’t have to reset it every time. The large-capacity hopper holds up to 3/4 lb/12 oz of coffee beans, and the UV-blocking tint shields the beans from UV rays to keep them fresh. The mess-free hopper with “trap door” keeps the beans contained when you remove it, and the stainless steel static-fighting container significantly reduces static. The powerful DC motor preserves flavor and won’t overheat the beans. However, the grounds container doesn’t lock into place and may vibrate out during grinding, and dark, oily beans can clog the grounds chute. Additionally, the grinder may be difficult to clean. Overall, the OXO Brew Conical Burr Coffee Grinder is a great choice for anyone looking for a reliable and affordable coffee grinder.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly coffee grinder that can do more than just grind coffee beans, the BLACK+DECKER Coffee Grinder might be the one for you.Pros
- Stainless steel blades and bowl for durability and uniform grinds
- One touch push-button control for easy customization of grind consistency
- Lid-locking safety feature to prevent spills and accidents
- No preset for various bean amounts
- Cord storage is awkward
- Design doesn’t seal the bottom part of the grinder, leaving a mess on the surface
The BLACK+DECKER Coffee Grinder is not just for coffee beans, it can also grind herbs, spices, grains, and more. Its stainless steel blades and bowl are built to last, delivering uniform grinds with every use. The intuitive one touch push-button control lets you easily customize the grind consistency, from coarse to fine. The lid-locking safety feature ensures no spills or accidents. However, there is no preset for various bean amounts, and cord storage is awkward. The design also doesn’t seal the bottom part of the grinder, leaving a mess on the surface. Overall, it’s a good value for the money, perfect for occasional use, and easy to clean.
With over 10,000 ratings and a 4.6 out of 5 stars rating, the BLACK+DECKER Coffee Grinder is a popular and reliable choice for those on a budget.
If you’re looking for a reliable coffee grinder under $100 that can deliver consistent grinds, the Bodum Bistro Burr Coffee Grinder is a great option to consider.Pros
- The stainless steel conical burrs crush beans consistently, preserving the flavor and aroma of the coffee better than a blade grinder.
- The pre-set timer allows you to grind the exact amount of coffee needed, keeping beans fresh and preventing waste.
- The 12 adjustable grind settings make it easy to switch between different brewing methods, from espresso to French press.
- The grinder has a friction clutch that protects the grinding gear by the presence of small stones, but it can still wear out over time.
- The dishwasher-safe borosilicate glass catcher with grip reduces static cling of coffee grounds, but some users have reported that it can be difficult to clean.
- The grinder can hold up to 7.75 ounces of coffee beans, which may not be enough for heavy coffee drinkers or those who want to grind large batches at once.
Overall, the Bodum Bistro Burr Coffee Grinder is a solid choice for coffee lovers who want a reliable and versatile grinder without breaking the bank. While it may have some minor drawbacks, it delivers consistent grinds and is easy to use for a variety of brewing methods.
Choosing the best coffee grinder under $100 can be a daunting task, especially if you are new to the world of coffee brewing. In this buying guide, we will discuss some of the essential features that you should consider before making a purchase.
Types of Grinders
There are two main types of coffee grinders: blade and burr. Blade grinders are less expensive, but they produce inconsistent grinds and can burn the coffee beans. On the other hand, burr grinders are more expensive, but they produce a uniform grind size, which is essential for a great cup of coffee. We recommend choosing a burr grinder for the best results.
Another important factor to consider when buying a coffee grinder is the number of grind settings. The more settings a grinder has, the more control you have over the grind size. This is important because different brewing methods require different grind sizes. For example, a French press requires a coarse grind, while an espresso machine needs a fine grind.
|Grind Setting||Brewing Method|
|Medium||Drip coffee maker|
The capacity of the coffee grinder is also an important consideration, especially if you are a heavy coffee drinker. A larger capacity means that you can grind more coffee beans at once, which is convenient if you have guests over or if you need multiple cups of coffee throughout the day.
If you plan on using your coffee grinder early in the morning, you may want to consider the noise level. Some coffee grinders can be very loud and disruptive, which can be a problem if you have roommates or family members who are still sleeping. Look for a grinder with a lower decibel level if noise is a concern.